Sunday 30 October 2016

Test audience research:

I have interviewed a few people who are part in my media studies class to help me do a research task. This research task is called the Test audience. I am going to show them two different trailers; “Sherlock series 4” and “silent witness series 18”. I am then going to ask them questions about the two trailers.

This is what I have done:
  • ·        Sherlock series 4 teaser (official)

  • ·        Silent witness series 18 trailer BBC1


Questions:
  • ·        Which trailer do you like best?
  • ·        What would you rate each trailer out of 10?
  • ·        Which trailer makes you want to watch it?
  • ·        What do you think can be improved?
  • ·        Do you think any of these two trailers give away what the TV drama will be about?
  • ·        How can you tell if these trailers are crime based                                              

 I have filmed five 6 former's and my teacher to take part in this Test audience research. I have filmed them watching the trailers and then answering the questions. Here are a few pictures...



Answering the questions:
  • Which trailer do you like best? Most of the interviewees said that the Sherlock Holmes trailer was the best because it was better even though they thought that Silent witness was good too. 
  • ·        What would you rate each trailer out of 10? They said that they would rate Sherlock Holmes 8/10 and Silent witness 6/10
  • ·        Which trailer makes you want to watch it? They all said that Sherlock Holmes makes them make them watch it because it is good and interesting.
  • ·        What do you think can be improved? Most of them said that Silent witness should be improved because it didn't really build up.Also they think that the editing should be improved.
  • ·        Do you think any of these two trailers give away what the TV drama will be about? Yes there was enough information in it and Sherlock might be much more exciting. 
  • ·        How can you tell if these trailers are crime based? Yes, because they both had investigators and police also blood.

,                    This has shown me that if i want a good trailer i should give out the right amount of information to persuade people to watch my trailer. Also, I have to  make it clear so they know what is happening and also to show them what kind of TV Drama genre it is. Also, i think i should make it exciting and more realistic so the audience who watch it are getting really into it. I know want to show a few main characters who would be acting in trailer to show the who will be the main characters in the Drama. I also think that if i do this the audience would be more exited to watch it. I must also build it up to what the drama will be about and i must also ensure to make the editing perfect, because i think that if the editing isn't perfect they will not want to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment